he Badgers defensive back on the play.Even though this was done by mistake, a pla | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
CW Mar 13
CINCINNATI -- Reds manager Bryan Price made one tweak to his lineup and then watched his most reliable player come through again. Mel Blount Jersey .Joey Votto extended his post-All Star break surge with a three-run homer, and Dan Straily pitched six innings on Friday night, leading the Cincinnati Reds to a 6-2 victory over the slumping Arizona Diamondbacks.Price moved Billy Hamilton back to the leadoff spot -- he had batted lower in the lineup most of the season while he struggled at the plate. Hamilton led off the first inning with a single and scored when Votto connected off Archie Bradley (3-6).To finally get another chance up there is good, said Hamilton, who had two hits, a walk, and three steals off Bradley. I think I did a little bit to deserve another chance. The main thing is I want to get there and stay there.Votto has hit safely in all seven games since the All-Star break, going 12 for 23 with a double, three homers, eight RBI and seven walks.Tucker Barnhart added a solo homer in the sixth off Randall Delgado. Brandon Phillips later singled home a run, extending his hitting streak to 10 games. Zack Cozart had an RBI double in the eighth.Straily (5-6) made his fourth straight quality start, settling down after a rough first inning. Jean Segura opened the game with a homer, and Michael Bourn doubled and scored on Welington Castillos sacrifice fly. Straily gave up five hits in six innings.The second inning was big for me, said Straily, who gave up only three more hits during his six innings. I went out there with a lead. It helped me settle in.Bradley gave the lead right back with an even worse opening inning. Hamilton singled, Cozart walked, and Votto followed with his 17th homer before the Reds made an out. Cincinnati had three hits, two walks and a hit batter during the inning.Its the walks, Bradley said. They say if youre going to play with fire, youre eventually going to get burned. Tonight I did. Time after time, I keep putting myself in bad situations.The game got heated in the third inning. In his next at-bat following his homer, Segura was plunked in the lower back by Strailys first pitch. Segura motioned toward the mound with his left hand and said something to the pitcher. Plate umpire Carlos Torres got between Segura and catcher Barnhart and restored calm.The Reds got the better in a matchup of last-place clubs. The Diamondbacks began the day with second-year manager Chip Hale hearing reports that the team had considered changing managers. Arizona has dropped 16 of 20.Hales only comment: I would just say youre never surprised in this game about anything.BIG CHANGEHamilton opened the Reds first with a single and was called out at second base on a steal attempt. A video review showed he got his hand on the base before Seguras tag, and the call was overturned. Hamilton scored on Vottos homer.STATSThe Diamondbacks have won eight of their last 11 against the Reds. They had won five straight at Great American Ball Park before the loss on Friday. ... Bradley had a 1.57 ERA in his four previous road starts. ... It was Seguras fourth career leadoff homer, his third this season. ... Hamilton is 9 for 22 during a five-game hitting streak. His three steals gave him 30 for the season. His career high is 57 last season.TRAINERS ROOMDiamondbacks: RHP Zach Greinke will have a full bullpen session on Saturday and the Diamondbacks will decide whether hes ready to pitch in a simulated game. Greinke has been on the DL since July 3 with a strained left oblique.Reds: RHP Homer Bailey will make another minor league rehab start on Monday and the club will decide if hes ready to be activated. Bailey had Tommy John surgery a year ago.UP NEXTDiamondbacks: LHP Robbie Ray (5-8) pitched seven shutout innings in a win over the Dodgers in his last game. Hes faced the Reds one other time, taking the loss last year while giving up three runs in six innings.Reds: RHP Keyvius Sampson (0-1) makes his first start of the season after seven relief appearances. Hes 2-6 career as a starter with a 6.66 ERA.---Follow Joe Kay on Twitter: http://twitter.com/apjoekay Justin Hunter Jersey . -- Its been a long road back for Sean Bergenheim. Coty Sensabaugh Jersey . The news was first reported on Gonzalezs Twitter account and confirmed by the Rockies. Gonzalez has a six-week window before position players have their first workout at spring training in Arizona. http:///...avid-decastro-jersey . Didier Drogba gave away the penalty that put Senegal one goal away from a major upset, but the veteran striker will get another chance -- probably his last -- at the World Cup after Salomon Kalous injury-time strike sealed the Ivorians place in Brazil next year. BATON ROUGE, La. -- LSUs Josh Boutte knows his late hit on Wisconsins DCota Dixon two weeks ago looked bad. Hes thankful that the recipient of the hit - which drew an ejection, a one-game suspension and a flood of criticism - was willing to listen to his side of the story.Believe it or not, the conversation that took place during Bouttes apologetic phone call and their communication via text message afterward created a bond between the two players.DCota Dixon, hes a really good guy, really nice guy, Boutte said Monday while speaking to reporters for the first time since the Wisconsin game. I got to talk to him and we exchanged numbers. We became friends over something that probably shouldnt have happened. But in a way, Im glad that we got to meet. ... I just wish him the best.Dixon had every reason to doubt Bouttes version of what happened on the play. The 346-pound LSU offensive lineman leveled Dixon well after the Tigers final offensive play, where Dixon had sealed the Badgers 16-14 upset by intercepting a Brandon Harris pass. Just as Dixon made it back to his feet to celebrate the interception, Boutte barreled into him and delivered a brutal hit on the unsuspecting defensive back.Dixon said he had already forgiven Boutte for the hit even before he called the next day to apologize and make sure he was OK. However, he appreciated that Boutte had requested to make contact so he could extend those sentiments.He was just saying, How are you doing? How is your head feeling? He was like, Man, I really didnt mean to do that. Im sorry for what I did, Dixon recalled. He mentioned how he thought I was still up, which I could kind of see. So I told him it was all right, it was totally OK and dont worry about it. It happens. Its part of the game.When the call ended, Dixon took a step that he worried might be inappropriate. He texted the Louisiana number that had just called him, unsure whether Boutte had even called from his own cell phone. The return gesture helped the two players find even more common ground.I texted him asking if there was anything that I could possibly pray for him about, Dixon said. He ended up texting me back and saying, Yeah, juust pray that we have a good season and that Gods hand is on both of us moving forward throughout the season. Joe Haden Jersey. So I ended up praying for him and it was OK.Dixons text touched Boutte, also a devout Christian.I would have to say [what helped us become friends was] just our relationship with God, Boutte said. He was a big God guy and after I found out that, it kind of like just meshed. Its almost like hes been in my life. It was really good. Hes a really good guy.Boutte faced near-universal condemnation from media critics and across social media immediately after the game, but LSUs stance from the beginning has been that Boutte did not realize Dixon was down before the hit.Anyone who knows Josh knows that he did not mean to hurt that kid or hit him [flagrantly]. It just was bad timing because it was at a frustrating point in the game, LSU center Ethan Pocic said. But anyone who knows Josh knows he didnt mean that. He was on the other hash and you see on film the kid gets up and from when the ball got intercepted, [Boutte] didnt stop running. He was running full-speed, and he honestly thought he was making a tackle.Just as he told Dixon that it was not an intentional cheap shot on their phone call, Boutte reiterated that point on Monday.On TV it seems like it happened so slow, and you can tell in the game experience, I literally looked up, I saw the ball in his hand and I was like, Ive got to get the ball, Boutte said.Even if it was an unintentional late hit, LSU still suspended Boutte for the Tigers game against Jacksonville State the following week. Dixon was fortunate to be OK, but Boutte could have seriously injured the Badgers defensive back on the play.Even though this was done by mistake, a play like this does not belong in the game of football, and therefore, action must be taken, LSU coach Les Miles said while announcing Bouttes suspension two days after the Wisconsin game.Boutte admitted the ordeal has been embarrassing, although Dixons forgiveness alleviated his shame over the situation somewhat. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '