ourt battle turned out to be a considerably tougher one. After the 2015 Open, she cited a broken heart from her loss to Vinci in addition to other injuries and subsequently announced she w | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
CW
CW Feb 13
AMES, Iowa -- It was apparent after Iowa States opener that the Cyclones will struggle to run the ball this season. Nike Air Vapormax 2018 . The Cyclones cant seem to throw it much, either, an issue that has plunged the program into a quarterback controversy just two games into coach Matt Campbells first season.Quarterback Joel Lannings starting job may be in jeopardy after he gave way to sophomore Jacob Park in last weeks 42-3 loss to No. 13 Iowa . Iowa State, which is 127th out of 128 FBS teams with just 11.5 points per game, visits TCU (1-1) on Saturday as a 23.5-point underdog hoping to avoid its first 0-3 start since 1997.I dont know if I forecast any major changes right now. But I think thats what practice is for, Campbell said.In the offseason there was never a question that Lanning, a junior who took over the starting job midway through last season, would be the guy going forward. But he looked so bad on Saturday that Campbell was forced to pull him.Lanning, who threw three touchdowns passes for the third time in his career in Iowa States 25-20 loss to FCS school Northern Iowa on Sept. 3, looked shaky from the opening series against the Hawkeyes.Lanning misfired on a number of easy early passes designed to help the Cyclones move the ball in the absence of a rushing threat. Iowa only made things worse, forcing Iowa State to abandon the run game altogether by building a 28-3 lead before halftime. Lanning completed just 8 of 20 passes for 86 yards and, for the third time in two games, an interception that couldve easily been avoided.Park, a transfer who started his career at Georgia, wasnt much better. He finished 6 of 15 for 79 yards playing largely against Iowa reserves.Lanning was listed as the starter on Mondays depth chart, and the fact that his teammates named him a captain would make a change a tricky one.But Campbell didnt dismiss the idea of playing both against the Horned Frogs, who will likely be motivated to rebound from a 41-38 home loss to Arkansas last weekend.If you look at my past, Ive never been a one-quarterback guy. I think Ive always (been about) what gives us the best chance to be successful, Campbell said. Were going to do whatever we need to do to give ourselves some consistency on (offense).Iowa States offensive line, battered by injuries and inexperience, appears to be a problem that wont be fixed anytime soon. Running back Mike Warren, who had 1,337 yards as a freshman in 2015, had just seven carries for 28 yards last weekend as Iowa stuffed him in the backfield time and time again.Campbell said Saturday that Warren has got to be a guy thats accountable on and off the field, adding that he thought Warren failed to make some plays that he could have made. He didnt completely change from that stance Monday.My challenge to Michael is my challenge for all of our players. We have to continue to get better, said Campbell, who added that his comments werent meant to be a dig at Warren. We knew what expectations would be put on Mike ... hes got to make sure hes at his best constantly so he can handle all that comes with that.---Follow Luke Meredith on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LukeMeredithAP--Online: www.collegefootball.ap.org Nike Vapormax Mens . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Nike Vapormax Womens . Michell Burger, a woman who lives on an estate next to Pistorius gated community, said she and her husband were awoken by the screams in the pre-dawn hours of Feb. 14 last year, when Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp by shooting four times through a door in his bathroom. http://www.vapormaxforsalecheap.com/ .com) - Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray and Roger Federer were easy first-round winners Tuesday at the Australian Open. NEW YORK -- It was on a US Open practice court where, if you were especially intuitive, there were signs last year that Serena Williams was headed for an unhappy ending to her quest of completing the seventh calendar-year Grand Slam in the history of the game.It wasnt necessarily what she did that day, tossing and serving for well over an hour -- first from the deuce court, then from the ad and over to a different court for more of the same.It was more of what drove her there and the purposefulness with which she marched over directly after her match. Williams would later admit to being nervous during her eventual second-round victory against the 110th-ranked player in the world, a match in which she would squeak out a first-set tiebreaker 7-5, after committing eight double faults and 26 unforced errors in the opening set.She would close the match out 6-3 in the second; the match point was not accompanied by anything close to the shrieks heard that afternoon but rather utter silence, a disgusted look and an eye roll. She later characterized it as not one of my happiest moments.At that point, Williams was already tired of the questions and seemingly tired of the grind. Tired of being tired. She even all but demanded that any inquiries with the words Grand Slam in them cease. And when she lost in a semifinal shocker to Roberta Vinci, the 43rd-ranked player in the world playing her first career Slam semi, Serena blew through a four-minute news conference and left the grounds.You could hardly blame her. But back in the second round here Thursday against 27-year-old American Vania King, Williams mood was decidedly different.I think Im more relaxed, for sure, Williams said this earlier this week.While not exactly operating under the proverbial radar, Serena is trying to win just her second Slam in a row after prevailing at Wimbledon and only trying to surpass Steffi Grafs record of 22 career majors.And while King is an 87th-ranked wildcard who succumbed to Serena in their only prevvious meeting, 6-1, 6-0 in 56 minutes in the 2014 US Open, you suspect Williams opponent, as always, has very little to do with the outcome. Nike Vapormax For Sale. While Serena is still dealing with a shoulder issue that had her going for placement rather than speed on her serves in her 6-3, 6-3 first-round win over Ekaterina Makarova, there is considerably less emotional weight on both shoulders this year.In 2015, Williams played 17 three-setters going into the Open in 10 tournaments, plus two rounds of Fed Cup; she won 16 of those three-set matches. This year, there have been five three-setters in seven tournaments, including the Olympics. She lost that third-round encounter to 20th-ranked Elina Svitolina in straight sets on Aug. 9, her last match before New York.Even with the shoulder concerns, Williams was asked, is this US Open already a more pleasant experience?I was going for something that no one has done in a really long time, she said of last year. Yeah, it didnt end wonderful for me or the way I wanted it to end. But it was all I could do. Thats all I could do.While the three-set victories were a testament to her competitive toughness, the off-court battle turned out to be a considerably tougher one. After the 2015 Open, she cited a broken heart from her loss to Vinci in addition to other injuries and subsequently announced she was withdrawing from three tournaments, including the WTA Finals.Williams coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, said the motivation just wasnt there, and it was the only sensible decision. And this year, while Serena, who is weeks short of her 35th birthday, said she would have preferred to play more coming into the final Grand Slam of the year, she is trying to be optimistic.There is nothing we can do about it, she said. You just have to make the best of every single opportunity. Thats all I can do now.Usually, thats more than enough. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: