-Asked what song he would use to for his | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
mary123
mary123 Jan 12
RIO DE JANEIRO -- A police officer was shot in the head after he and two others working security at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics got lost near a slum and encountered gunfire. Zapatillas Asics Gt 2000 Mujer .The officers from Brazils national security force were using a GPS device to navigate unfamiliar streets Wednesday afternoon when they took a wrong turn off a highway leading to Rios international airport. Their truck was sprayed with bullets, and officer Helio Vieira was shot. The Justice Ministry said Vieira was recovering after a four-hour surgery, and was in stable condition. The other officers suffered minor injuries when the windows of their vehicle shattered.Dozens of heavily armed commandos could be seen Thursday frisking residents and going house to house in the Mare complex of slums, one of Rios most crime-ridden areas that is dominated by drug-trafficking gangs. Snipers took up positions on a nearby highway, as a low-flying police helicopter circled overhead.Justice Minister Alexandre de Moraes said two suspects had been identified but were not yet in custody. He denounced what he called a cowardly attack.The incident was the bloodiest of several that have marred the start of South Americas first Olympic Games.On Tuesday, two windows were shattered on a bus carrying journalists from an Olympic venue in the impoverished Deodoro district. Rio organizers said the bus was hit by a rock, even though one passenger, who identified herself as a former American military officer, believed the cause to be gunfire. There were no serious injuries.The equestrian venue in Deodoro has had two brushes with stray gunfire since the games started. A bullet flew through the roof of a media tent there Saturday; officials said it had been fired from a hillside slum, and that the intended target was probably a security camera on a blimp. A second bullet hit Wednesday near the stables. Officials were adding more security at the venue.Muggings have also been reported among Olympic athletes, officials and journalists.Pervasive violence is an everyday part of life in Rio. After declines in past years, homicides have spiked again as Brazils worst recession in decades fuels violence and forces budget cuts. The number of homicides in the first five months of 2016 increased by 18 percent to 1,870 in greater Rio.Police killings are also on the rise, with the vast majority of victims black residents of impoverished slums that are fiefdoms of the citys many criminal gangs.More than 85,000 security forces -- double the number present in London in 2012 -- have been deployed to the city to keep thousands of Olympic athletes and an estimated 500,000 tourists safe.---Joshua Goodman is on Twitter: https://twitter.com/apjoshgoodman His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/journalist/joshua-goodman ;Asics Gel Kayano 18 Oferta . Takahashi, who had a 10-point lead after the short program, received 268.31 points after the free skate to finish 15 points ahead of second-place Nobunari Oda. Asics Noosa Tri 9 Hombre Baratas . Roman Josi had a goal and an assist to lead the Predators to a 4-1 victory over the Dallas Stars on Monday night. http:///...cs-gel-kinsei-4.html . -- Cam Newton pranced into the end zone, placed his hands over his chest and did his familiar Superman pose. NEW YORK -- With his staff pursuing yet another investigation into performance-enhancing drugs, Commissioner Bud Selig defended baseballs drug-testing program on the eve of the All-Star game and insisted "this sport is cleaner than its ever been." Selig declined to detail timing for decisions in the probe of the closed anti-aging clinic Biogenesis, accused of distributing performing-enhancing drugs. MLB could attempt to discipline former MVPs Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Braun along with other players. Baseball began drug testing for the 2003 season, added penalties the following year, banned amphetamines in 2006 and started HGH blood testing last year. Critics said baseball didnt move quickly enough. "People say, Well, you were slow to react. We were not slow to react," Selig said Monday. "In fact, I heard that this morning, and it aggravated me all over again." There were eight violations of the major league drug program last year, and All-Star game MVP Melky Cabrera was among those who served a 50-game suspension following a positive PEDs test. There have been no suspensions in the big leagues this year. During a question-and-answer session arranged by Politico, a question was sent by Will, identified as an 8-year-old in Los Angeles. He asked: "How old will I be when ... you can say that there are no more cheaters in baseball, not one?" "Will, this is what I would say to you," Selig responded. "I used to object way back when, when people would talk about steroids. Theyre not a baseball problem or a football problem or a basketball problem. Theyre a societal problem." Selig, who turns 79 on July 30, also denied his willingness to combat steroids has increased during his time in office, which started in 1992. "Some people say now that Im over-vigilant because Im worried about my legacy," he said. "Thats nonsense. Thats the silliest thing Ive ever heard. This is in the best interests of baseball. I was brought up to understand that you are to do whats in the best interest of this sport no matter what, even if its painful, and were going to do that." He maintained the majority of players object to being tainted as playing in whats referred to as the Steroids Era. "Most players on their team didnt do anytthing. Zapatillas Asics Mujer Running. They were as clean as could be," he said. "So the Steroid Era in short to some people implies, well everybody did it. Thats wrong, and its unfair." According to Selig, Major League Baseballs decision to hire former U.S. Secret Service director Mark Sullivan to assist in its Biogenesis probe was evidence of baseballs effort to ensure there are "no stones unturned." "We have many groups, consulting groups that are working on this whole investigation," he said. Selig has said repeatedly he intends to retire, only to change his mind. His current term runs through December 2014, and he has made no effort to start planning for a successor. "Thats a subject that Im going to put off for a while. Right now we havent gotten into specifics," he said. On other subjects, Selig: --said hes never sent an email. "And I never will. ... Im illiterate when it comes to that, and proud of it. ... I did get an iPhone, so Ive made some slight progress." --is concerned about spending on players, whose average salary rose 6 per cent to $3.65 million on opening day, the steepest rise since 2008. Baseballs revenue is projected to reach $8 billion this year, and Selig wants clubs to spend less than half on players. "Weve made some new television deals and our clubs got a little excited, and so we may go over 50 per cent, and thats dangerous. I think we have to work on more mechanisms." --is deferring action on the Oakland Athletics preference to build a ballpark in San Jose until the city of San Joses antitrust suit against MLB moves forward. San Jose is in the territory of San Francisco Giants. "We are defending ourselves. So before I make any decisions, well see what happens to that. I feel pretty good." --is concerned with Tampa Bay and Miami, which have the lowest attendance averages in the major leagues. "I certainly havent given up on Florida. The demographics are too good," he said. As for Tampa, "We have a stadium problem there. Theres no question about it." And for Miami, "Weve had some things happen that need to be corrected." --Asked what song he would use to for his introduction while walking to home plate for an at-bat: "Bridge over Troubled Water." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: