think the way that he plays fits with | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
mary123
mary123 Jan 12
PHOENIX -- Tyson Ross dropped his arm into the same slot and released the ball from the same point on every pitch, no matter if it was a fastball or slider. Baltimore Ravens Jerseys China . The Arizona Diamondbacks werent sure what was coming next and spent the afternoon swinging through balls or pounding them into the ground. Relying on a repeating motion that baffled Arizonas hitters, Ross outpitched All-Star Patrick Corbin with eight dominant innings and the San Diego Padres closed out their first winning road trip of the season with a 1-0 win over Arizona on Sunday. "When your heater, changeup and slider all come from out of your hand like a fastball and then they do different things, it is difficult to pick up," said Diamondbacks left fielder Adam Eaton, who went 0-for-4. Carlos Quentin had a run-scoring single in the first inning off Corbin (12-2) and Ross (2-4) took it from there, allowing three hits and striking out seven. Huston Street worked a perfect ninth for his 19th save in 20 chances to close out the combined three-hitter. Behind Ross gem, San Diego finished 6-4 to win its first road trip since Aug. 24-26 and first of six or more games since June 25-July 4, 2012. "The guys should be proud about the way they bounced back after the All-Star break," Padres manager Bud Black said. "It was a good road trip." Corbin had another strong outing, allowing one earned run or fewer for the 12th time in 21 starts. He just didnt get any help from the offence. Arizona failed to take advantage of leadoff hits in the second and third innings, and went 0-for-5 with runners in scoring position for its first 1-0 loss at Chase Field in nearly three years. "Patrick threw a great game for us but we didnt capitalize on our opportunity to keep the game going," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. The series first two games were blowouts. The Diamondbacks pounded out 17 hits to win the opener 10-0 and San Diego had eight two-out RBIs in a 12-3 win Saturday night. The finale was a pitchers duel. Corbin has been one of baseballs best pitchers this season, entering Sundays game fourth in the majors with an ERA of 2.41 and an 8-0 record at home. A first-time All-Star, the left-hander won his last start, allowing a run in six innings to beat the Cubs. Ross season has been filled with tough luck. He started the season in the rotation, bounced to the bullpen after returning from the DL and had one win despite allowing no more than three earned runs in four starts. The right-hander ended a 12-game losing streak -- dating to last season -- his previous start, allowing a run in six innings against Milwaukee. Ross was sharp against the Diamondbacks, getting them to chase his slider or hit balls into the dirt. He gave up a leadoff single to Eric Chavez in the second inning and a leadoff triple to Pennington in the third, but stranded both. Ross didnt allow another hit until Penningtons one-out single in the eighth inning and was replaced in the ninth after throwing 101 pitches. "Ive always tried to blend pitches as best as possible and some the swings I got on sliders in the dirt on even counts, (its) kind of tribute that to looking like a fastball coming out of the hand," Ross said. Corbin was nearly as good. He got two quick outs in the first inning, but Chase Headley followed with a triple and Quentin knocked him in with a single. Corbin worked around a pair of base runners in the second inning, then settled into a groove, allowing two more hits the rest of the way. Corbin was lifted for a pinch hitter in the eighth inning after allowing a run and six hits. He struck out eight and walked none. "The first two innings, I felt like I was still getting loose," Corbin said. "After that, I felt comfortable, but Ross pitched a great game for them. He has good stuff and today was his day." Notes: The Diamondbacks recalled RHP Chaz Roe from Triple-A Reno before the game to replace LHP Tyler Skaggs, who was sent down after allowing seven runs in 3 2-3 innings Saturday night. ... Diamondbacks LF Jason Kubel was scratched from the lineup with a stiff back. ... Arizona RHP Ian Kennedy will try for the 10th straight start to win career game No. 50 when the Diamondbacks open a road series at Tampa Bay on Tuesday. ... San Diego RHP Sean OSullivan will try for his first win of the season in the opener of a three-game series against Cincinnati on Monday. Wholesale Ray Lewis Jersey . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Cheap Ravens Jerseys . The Clippers were angry about blowing a big lead; the Kings didnt like being in that kind of hole and nearly digging themselves out only to lose. http://www.cheapravensjerseysauthentic.com/ . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. CHICAGO -- Dwyane Wade got the ball in the corner, took a dribble to his left and stepped back for the dagger 3-pointer.He made a throat slashing gesture with his right hand after the ball swished through the net and started jumping around as the crowd roared.Wade scored 22 points in a triumphant Chicago debut, Jimmy Butler had 24 and the Bulls won their season opener, beating the Boston Celtics 105-99 on Thursday night.Wade hit the clinching 3 with 26.3 seconds left. Taj Gibson added 18 points and 10 rebounds, and the new-look Bulls got off to a winning start after missing the playoffs last season for the first time since 2008.To be able to make a shot like that and helps us get this win, its like the perfect storm, Wade said.Isaiah Thomas led Boston with 25 points. Avery Bradley had 16, and Jae Crowder 14 points, but the Celtics came up short after opening with a win over Brooklyn the previous night.We lost the game in a fashion we didnt want to lose, Crowder said. I feel like we got punked all night.The Bulls remade their roster in the offseason, jettisoning one hometown superstar and welcoming another when they traded Derrick Rose to New York and signed Wade to a two-year deal worth about $47 million in a move that stunned Miami.The three-time NBA champion and 12-time All-Star is off to a good start with the Bulls after 13 seasons with the Heat. Wade hit 4 of 6 3-pointers in this game after making just 7 of 44 all of last season.Rajon Rondo, signed by Chicago after a resurgent season with Sacramento, added nine assists. Butler had seven rebounds, and the Bulls pounded the Celtics on the glass 55-36.They showed a scrappiness and edge that was missing last season. They were unselfish, passing the ball around, and hit 11 of 25 3-pointers.I think everybodys having fun out there, Butler said.HANGING ONThe Bulls were leading 95-81 midway through the fourth quarter after newcomer Michael Carter-Williams buried a 3 and a floater and Butler hit a floater of his own.The Celticcs scored 11 straight to get back into it, a driving layup by Thomas cutting it to 95-92. Cheap Joe Flacco Jersey. It was 101-99 when Bostons Jaylen Brown got called for a travel. Wade then nailed that 3 over Bradley to make it a five-point game with 26.3 seconds left, sealing the win for Chicago.Were learning each other, Wade said. Were learning what we have in those types of moments at the end of ballgames and those types of moments.TEMPERS FLAREButler had some heated words with college teammate Crowder late in the first half.Crowder rebounded a miss by Wade -- another Marquette product -- and charged into Butler, leading to a heated exchange.Rondo also got into it with Isaiah Thomas, and all four players got called for technicals.Jaes my guy, Butler said. Its the heat of the moment. Thats whats supposed to happen.TIP-INSCeltics: Boston coach Brad Stevens said Rondo made a good impression on him during their time together in Boston. I thought he was very bright obviously, he understood the game, he can make passes in small areas that I have never seen before, Stevens said. And I tried to coach him like I would coach anybody else. The only thing I would say that you have to be yourself so I coached him like I would coach anybody else.Rondo was working his way back from a torn ACL in his right knee and played in 30 games during Stevens first season -- 2013-14. He started 22 games the following year for Boston before being dealt to Dallas.Bulls: The Bulls signed former Celtics first-round draft pick R.J. Hunter. The guard from Georgia State was let go by Boston this week in what Stevens called a numbers crunch. We had more than 15 NBA players so it was just a matter of time who he was going to get picked up by, Stevens said. I think the way that he plays fits with how they like to play.UP NEXTCeltics: At Charlotte on Saturday.Bulls: Host Indiana on Saturday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: