tagged after his mom and new sister carrying a small ball | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LAM
LAM Aug 12
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Arms held over her head in triumph, Inbee Park showed about as much emotion as you are likely ever to see from the stoic South Korean golfer. Cheap Swingman Thunder Jerseys .Her par putt didnt matter, as she had a big lead walking up the 18th fairway, the gold medal all but secured.But it went in regardless, capping a remarkable week of golf for the LPGA Hall of Famer that was as much surprising as it was dominating.And perhaps it was a relief, too.Expectations are high, perhaps overwhelming, in her homeland. There was talk of the South Korean golfers sweeping the podium, a ridiculous notion, but one that nonetheless was not out of the realm of possibility.But Park did what she came to do, not just earning a medal, but the gold medal.This is definitely one of the special moments in my golfing career and whole life, said Park, 28. It feels great. Obviously representing your country, winning the gold, its so special. Its just really all Ive wanted. Im just happy.Of course. Park shot a final-round 66, pulling away early when Lydia Ko and Gerina Piller struggled. Ko, from New Zealand and the No. 1-ranked player in the world, rallied to snag the silver, making a 7-footer for birdie on the last hole to edge ahead of Chinas Shanshan Feng, who got the bronze.Australian Minjee Lee finished equal seventh after shooting a 67 on the last day, finishing at eight-under - two strokes away from bronze and three from silver.American Stacy Lewis finished 1 shot out of a medal and Piller fell back to a tie for 11th.All of them would have had a tough time overtaking Park on this day, so steady was her play, so good was her putting.And to think, a month ago she was unsure if she would even be coming to Rio. Park has battled a left thumb injury all year. It started in the offseason and lingered. She tried to play through it. She tried rest. She tried a little of both. But Park had not played in an LPGA event since the KPMG PGA in early June, where she missed the cut. Just two weeks ago, she participated in a Korean LPGA event and missed the cut there, too.I had a lot of attention coming into this week, she said. Whether it was a worry or whether it was people thinking shes going to do good, there was a little bit of confusion from me whether I can perform well this week or not, because I really havent performed well this year with the injury.Being able to overcome injury this week and being able to play good, Ive worked really hard for this week and hard work really paid off this week, so Im really happy.Park has 17 career LPGA Tour titles, including seven major championships. In 2013, she became the first player to win the first three majors in a year, her streak stopped at the Womens British Open by Lewis.The two battled for the No. 1 ranking -- now held by the 19-year-old Ko -- for the better part of two years.I dont think people understand at all; if you watch her, or even Lydia, watch both of them play golf, youre not going to be wowed, Lewis said. Youre not going to be amazed. But if you watch it over a period of time, youll be amazed, and people just maybe dont pay attention that much.Coming back from an injury and not playing and not being competitive, thats a hard thing to do. And the way she won this week was impressive.After having not shot a round in the 60s since April, Park did it three times here. She got into contention the first day and barely wavered. For a moment on Saturday, things got a bit dicey when Park bogeyed the 10th hole to see her lead shrink to 3 shots. But that was still more than it was at the start of the day, and it was only a momentary issue. She was never threatened the rest of the way.Whether the pressure will let up at home is difficult to know. Park never shows it outwardly, only speaking to it when asked. The game is nearly an obsession, especially among women, in South Korea dating to the days of Se Ri Pak, who served as team leader this week for the four South Korean women in the field.When Pak won the 1998 U.S. Womens Open and embarked on her own Hall of Fame career, she sparked a surge in golf interest that has never subsided.In South Korea, Olympic achievement tips any other athletic achievement, said Ty Votaw, former commissioner of the LPGA Tour and now an executive with the PGA Tour who also serves as vice president of the International Golf Federation. And having a gold medal winner in golf will only validate with an exclamation point what that country has achieved in golf over the past two decades, especially womens golf.Park had said before the tournament that just competing in the Olympics was an honor and that even with all shes done, a gold medal would likely be the highlight of her career.Who is going to argue? Cheap Thunder Jerseys . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Wholesale Thunder Jerseys . Any real chance at payback wont come until the playoff. Still, Pittsburgh knows its taut 3-2 win over the Bruins on Wednesday night is a pretty good place to start laying the groundwork. "They are a very good defensive team," Penguins forward Brandon Sutter said. http://www.cheapthundersjerseys.com/ . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. LOS ANGELES -- Austin Rivers played as many minutes as the starters after coach Doc Rivers saw what his son was doing to disrupt Utahs Joe Johnson.The younger Rivers scored 19 points in 28 minutes, Blake Griffin added 18 and the Los Angeles Clippers routed the Utah Jazz 88-75 in their home opener Sunday.Jamal Crawford had 12 points, and DeAndre Jordan had 16 rebounds despite spraining his right thumb .George Hill led the Jazz with 18 points and reserve Dante Exum added 10. Johnson, who had 29 points in his Utah debut, was held to seven points on 3-of-9 shooting.Johnson was effective to start the game, including a sequence in which he hit a jumper, stole the ball and hit a 3-pointer that gave Utah its first lead. Thats when Rivers came off the bench.I honestly didnt think we would go with him that early with Joe, Doc Rivers said. He actually was very effective on Joe because Joe had it going and once he got it going, we figured throw Austin in and see what we can do.The Clippers took the lead for good in the second quarter on Griffins fast-break dunk. It was part of a 22-4 run over both halves that pushed their lead to 49-35. Six different Clippers contributed to the spurt, led by Griffins seven points .Last year we were trying to figure out each other and not get in each others way, the younger Rivers said. Now the group has one goal. Everyone is focused on winning.Rivers scored six of the Clippers first eight points in the fourth, extending their lead to 77-56. The backup was 8 of 11 from the floor.The Jazz never got a sustained run going in the second half. Two free throws by Exum drew them within eight late in the third, the closest they came in the half.I dont think we played well offensively, our defense kept us in the game for a while, but some of our better players struggled, Utah coach Quin Snyder said.TIP-INSJazz: F Gordon Hayward, who averaged 28.3 point, 8.6 rebounds and 4.0 assists against the Clippers lasst season, sat out his third straight game with a broken finger on his left hand. Cheap NBA Jerseys. lippers: In the first quarter, Griffin (8,836) surpassed Corey Maggette (8,835) for fourth on the teams career scoring list. ... They won their home opener for the fifth straight year. ... The Clippers have won eight in a row at home, including the final seven games of last season.HURTING D.J.Jordan had a severe reaction upon spraining his thumb midway through the third quarter. He returned midway through the fourth and got one rebound after getting hurt.I was worried because I saw the swelling, the elder Rivers said. Lets just hope its OK.Paul was concerned, too, calling Jordan the most durable guy in our league.Jordan will have an X-ray.NBA DEBUTUtahs Joel Bolomboy made his NBA debut with one rebound, one assist and one turnover in four minutes. He didnt take a shot. The rookie forward helped Weber State earn a trip to the NCAA Tournament last season.He was a little nervous at first, but once he got in there he played well for the short minutes he was in, teammate Derrick Favors said.BOARDINGThe Clippers controlled the boards, 49-43. They had a 14-7 edge on the offensive glass, led by six rebounds from Jordan and four from Luc Mbah a Moute.BABY GIRLGriffins infant daughter attended her first regular season game in the arms of his girlfriend Brynn Cameron.Finley is the couples second child. Their 3-year-old son, Ford, tagged after his mom and new sister carrying a small ball. Ford wore a gray sweatshirt that read Leader of the Pack.It was a family affair, with Griffins parents in town from Oklahoma and brother Taylor on hand.UP NEXTJazz: Off Monday before playing at San Antonio on Tuesday.Clippers: Host the Suns on Monday in the seasons first back-to-back and second of three consecutive home games. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: